What is I Heart Daily?
I Heart Daily is a free newsletter of stuff we like. Each day, you’ll find out about one thing: The band you should hear, the girl who’s kicking ass in the world, the lipstick color that looks good on everyone, the designer who doesn’t have a fashion show yet but is completely amazing… you get the idea.
You’ll never hear about stuff we hate, just stuff we heart. We’re nice that way.
Sound cool? Sign up for the I Heart Daily Newsletter:
If you want to be a guest teen blogger, would like to send us your product, want to advertise on I Heart Daily, or just want to send Anne Ichikawa and Melissa Walker photos of kittens doing silly things, please get in touch at editors (at) iheartdaily.com
The short version:
We hate spam just as much as you do, so we hear ya.
Even more than spam, we HATE identity thieves. So we hear ya there, too.
If you’re under 13, we appreciate your interest, but you can’t sign up for our newsletter. Sorry, dude.
I Heart Daily would never in a million years share your personal information with an outside party. We might share things like “the average age of our users” with our advertisers, but that info is not linked to you personally, and is only shared so that we can improve the experience of our site and attract relevant advertisers and partners.
© I Heart Daily LLC. 2008 All rights reserved.
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by I Heart Daily LLC
The long version:
If you are under the age of 13 (12 or younger), you may not provide any information about yourself to this Site. While you may view content on the Site, you may not register with the Site, enter any of our sweepstakes or contests, or participate in any part of the Site that would let you enter information about yourself. If we learn that you have provided information about yourself to this Site, we will delete such information. Sorry to be all scary, but it’s the law or something.
NOTE TO PARENTS
I Heart Daily, LLC will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from kids under 13. If you have any concerns about this Site or its related services, wish to find out if your child is a member of one of our services, or wish to cancel your child’s membership, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We gather two types of information about users via the IHeartDaily.com site:
We note that our sponsors and advertisers may be using cookies and other technological tools to monitor visitor activity.
(2) Personally identifiable information: In certain areas of the IHeartDaily.com site – mainly, when you request a newsletter – we may require that you provide us with personally identifiable information (such as your name, e-mail address and birth date).
HOW WE USE (AND DO NOT USE) THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
(1) Non-personally identifiable information: IHeartDaily.com uses non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of IHeartDaily.com visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests in connection with specific areas of the IHeartDaily.com site. We provide such statistical data to our advertisers, affiliates and other current and potential business partners; for example, we inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked on links to their websites. We also use such data to create a more enjoyable experience for our visitors, for example, to assist in selecting content and advertisers featured on specific channels, pages and site areas based on your general likes and dislikes.
The IHeartDaily.com site contains links to other Internet websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites that are not owned and operated by IHeartDaily.com, including such sites’ use of any information (such as IP number, browser type or operating system) collected when visitors to our site click through links to those sites. Even though such information might not identify you personally, we strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of those sites.
(2) Personally identifiable information: IHeartDaily.com uses personally identifiable information as set forth herein.
- Targeted Advertising: IHeartDaily.com sometimes uses individual data collected via IHeartDaily.com to “target” advertising – to decide which advertisements and sponsor messages to show to which members.
- IHeartDaily.com Employees, Contractors and Agents: IHeartDaily.com may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as processing of payments, operating features of the IHeartDaily.com site, or hosting or maintaining our servers. These other companies may have access to your personal information as necessary to carry out their functions, but they are not permitted to share that information with any third party absent your consent.
- “Email This to a Friend”: The IHeartDaily.com site allows you to forward certain items posted on IHeartDaily.com or links to other IHeartDaily.com features by email or Instant Messenger to other parties who you believe may be interested. While, due to technical restrictions, the recipient’s email address or Instant Messenger screen names may be retained in our log files, we do not knowingly share it with third parties (unless the recipient has already consented to such use of her personally identifiable information).
- Business Transfers. We may sell or transfer assets or portions of our business as we continue to improve our product and service offerings. In such transactions, user or visitor information (whether non-personally identifiable or personally identifiable) may constitute one of the transferred business assets.
If you have reason to believe that there has been any breach of the security of the IHeartDaily.com site, please contact us at email@example.com.
I Heart Daily is a free, daily e-mail that features stuff we like. Each day, you’ll find out about one thing: The band you should hear, the girl who’s kicking ass in the world, the lipstick color that looks good on everyone, the designer who doesn’t have a fashion show yet but is completely amazing… you get the idea. You’ll never hear about stuff we hate, just stuff we heart. We’re nice that way.
We never accept payment or any other compensation in exchange for editorial coverage. Each daily IHD recommendation is chosen by the IHD editorial team, without regard to shady stuff like money.To learn more about Anne and Melissa, click here.